What would you need to do to use this service?
- Decide on the character of the list:
- discussion or announcement – people post to the list to have an online discussion only list owner is able to sent message to list of subscribers.
- privat or public – people can freely subscibe to your list or have to be approved
- moderated or unmoderated – postings have to be checked by a moderator to make it into the list
- closed or open – only subscibers can post to the list, or non-subscribers can post to the list.
- Recruit a volunteer to act as the administrator for each list. (We will train and support her or him very closely)
- Come up with a catchy name for your list as well as a short discription
- Fill out the online form, sending the information to our Listserv Administrator, Birgit Pauli-Haack firstname.lastname@example.org
While you are waiting for an answer:
- Develop a list of current or known members and obtain their email addresses
- Write a nice welcome message for your list members, that will be sent to new members, once they subscribe
If you need a little more expanding information on listserv, you can read the